Kayla Kleinfall

So, here's the deal .I own this book, and around a year and a half ago I tried to read it and I had absolutely no idea what was going on. I only got through the first 2 or 3 chapters. This book is such a classic and I definitely want to read it, but I don't want to wait too long to pick it up. Any tips before I read this incredibly slooww book? Thank you. I greatly appreciate it!

To answer questions about The Great Gatsby, please sign up.
Lobstergirl There's nothing wrong with waiting 5 or 10 years to read a book that you don't understand at first. Sometimes we read books at the wrong time for us, and we get turned off by them. We blame it on the book, or on ourselves, but it's usually just an issue of being at the wrong point in one's life.
Lori S. See if you can borrow the audio book from the library. That's what I did and it worked better than me trying to read it physically.
Rahul Waghmare Actually the story of Gatsby ( narrated by Nick) needs so many prerequisites which Nick tried to cover one by one. Once we start the book we intend to read about Gatsby. And when we don't find anything about him, we get anxious and bored. Let me tell you one thing, when you start the book, just remember that everything you are reading will make sense after the next half of the story. Have a faith and you'll finish the book!
Image for The Great Gatsby