Diane
Diane asked:

Is there a publishing date for this book from Harper Lee? I listened to the reading of this book and found it very interesting. As I was 11 when this book was published, I don't remember having to read it for school, but know I did read it and saw the movie. I am a little confused on the writing of this book and now Harper Lee is releasing another book - still no answer to why she waited so long.

Peggy Adams Perhaps you should consider the "conditions around the publishing" of another book....actually it is an original draft of Harper Lee's first efforts at writing a Novel. Rightly so, she and her long time attorney/advisor/sister Lee considered it inappropriate to publish....Harper has made statements to the affect that she could never top her first and original novel: To Kill a Mocking Bird...that she had reached her goal with this one book. After the death of her sister Lee, Harper's new attorney decided to publish this manuscript. I've read it and it is that of a first-time, free writing individual looking for her voice in writing. The manuscript for "Go Set A Watchman" should have been left where Harper and Lee decided it should be for the last fifty years....Should have been left in the drawer."

Image for The Mockingbird Next Door