Denise
Denise asked:

I read this as soon as it came out. If you were recommending this to teen readers, what concerns might you have? I remember that it contains violence and some bad language. Is there anything else that might be concerning? I know few kids that would really like it....I just can't remember enough of the details to feel comfortable recommending it to young-ish readers.

To answer questions about The Girl with All the Gifts, please sign up.
Jeff Stockett I think you nailed it. My two concerns would be the violence and the language. The f word shows up quite a bit as well as other lesser words. The violence can get pretty gruesome, and there are experiments being done on children which is definitely a darker theme that could disturb young readers.

There are some sexual references that I would be concerned about some younger readers with, but to be honest the violence and language are much stronger and more prevalent so if you think the reader could handle that, than the sex shouldn't be an issue.
Image for The Girl with All the Gifts
by M.R. Carey (Goodreads Author)