Jenna
Jenna asked:

Can I read this alone or do I have to read the whole series to understand what's going on?

To answer questions about Cress, please sign up.
Lily Hogarth No wrong answer. If you want to be clueless throughout the whole book then do that. But the world of the lunar chronicles is a complicated one, so you NEED to read Cinder then Scarlet then Cress. Ps the book Cinder get real interest in the end.
Addison Dixon Well, I read some of book 1 (but didn't finish it since it did not appeal to me) and didn't read Scarlet, but I am gonna read Cress. Two friends of mine highly recommended it to me even though I didn't finish the other two. I guess the main thing is--as long as you get the gist of the storyline--like, the basics, then you'll be fine. :)
Image for Cress
by Marissa Meyer (Goodreads Author)