Elke
Elke asked:

Wow, the cover looks great! But I have no idea at all what this book is about...can anybody give a short summary in english or german? I sure hope there will be a translation sometime.

To answer questions about La sombra de la existencia, please sign up.
Macoco G.M. Hi Elke, sorry for the delay.
Here you have an english summary: "The shadow of existence"

Would you be able to give up everything in order to feel yourself more human? Would you be able to give up yourself?

Grigoriy felt that he couldn´t still be happy, that this happiness was not for him. He felt the desire to sink and to stop thinking; he experienced the thirst to run away from everything in order to find himself. Then began his hectic inner journey, destroying everything in his path, including his reason, to try to get to the sweet and warm inner peace.
By narrating that trip, "The shadow of existence" describes the fierceness with which Grigoriy slowly gets rid of everything and everyone, through a story whose own narration is a protagonist, and whose careful style adapts to the narrative needs of each moment.

Have you ever wondered if your life makes sense? Are you overwhelmed with the need to be ceaselessly happy?

"The shadow of existence" is an intense Spanish book for passionate readers and audience who are eager to discover new narrative techniques and a different view of reality. The book requires total involvement and commitment of the reader, who will be rewarded with the beauty of its plot and symbolism. It is a fiction novel that describes existential issues, and whose genre is psychological fantasy.

Some excerpts from the book:
• Excerpt 1:
o [Original Spanish] «Porque la vida es un ahora, y la muerte es un mañana, y un ahora es un instante interminable, y un mañana es una nada infinita»
o [English] «Because life is a present, and death is a tomorrow, and a present is an endless moment, and tomorrow is an infinite nothing»
• Excerpt 2:
o [Original Spanish] «Y los sueños, y la vida, pues el vivir solo es soñar, y las mariposas solo saben volar, y vuelo, y me libero, y caigo y vuelvo a dormir, porque el volar no es un sueño, el volar es vivir»
o [English] «And dreams, and life, since life is only dream, and butterflies only can fly, and I flight, and I scape, and I fall and go back to sleep, because flying is not a dream, flying is to live»
Image for La sombra de la existencia
by Macoco G.M. (Goodreads Author)