M Price
M Price asked:

Maybe a silly question, but can this book be read as a standalone if book #1 hasn't been read yet or is it best to read them in order? I do have book 1, but just want to be sure & I'm sure it will help others to know. Thank you :)

To answer questions about Ugly Young Thing, please sign up.
Ashley Never a silly question! I wish this question had to be answered for all books that are listed as part of a series.
Jennifer It can absolutely be read as a standalone. Thanks for asking!
Maxine (Booklover Catlady) I am 70% through and only just realised it was the second in a series. Not once did I feel it had something missing, so I believe it can be read as a stand alone, now I'm curious to go further back in Allie's life with the first book.
Trudy Nye I think it is important to read this series in order. While you could read #2 as a stand-alone, don't do that if you ever want to read #1. Spoilers in book #2 would, well, spoil book #1.
Lee Anna Mullikin I read the 1st one and am waiting on this one. I agree in that it could be a stand alone but if you have the choice I would advise reading them in order just so you have a feel for the history & have a better grasp of why Allie is the way she is.
Image for Ugly Young Thing