J.l. Mcgrath
J.l. Mcgrath asked:

Those who liked it, did you enjoy where she described people working at the store who "all had something wrong with them"? Including not only physical infirmities but also being a "little person" and being of color? Did you like how she repeated it throughout the book? That for me summed up what's wrong with Daum. She thinks she's cute, she thinks she's clever, and she's really just a mean girl.

To answer questions about The Quality of Life Report, please sign up.
Julie Though Daum claims her writing is not "confessional", she uses too many real places in this book to make me think she is creating a "mean girl" persona. By the way, Hinky Dinky was, no joke, a real grocery store chain.
Jackie Rodriguez I am glad that I wasn't the only person who noticed this! Granted, this book is 14 years old and times have changed...however, her descriptions of the people who worked at the Hinky Dink were cringeworthy and her descriptions of people of color was extremely stereotypical and often blatantly racist.
Image for The Quality of Life Report