Jennifer
Jennifer asked:

MAybe I was reading too fast, but can someone please explain what happened to generate Nina's extreme anger and need for revenge and how Emma could have no memory of it?

To answer questions about Her, please sign up.
Lisa Hall
Melanie D'Andrea
Philip Meeks I was bemused. We get to page 158 and the most sinister thing Nina has done is wake up a baby. So the climax comes as a nasty shock. I agree that as Nina and Emma did meet I find it hard to believe Emma didn't have some recollection.....I'm guessing the point is Nina is a psychopath....and the chill down the spine is we all meet psychopaths and never know. Even if tragedy strikes we'll never know if its been caused surreptitiously by another
Lacey Nina's father had a history of affairs. When they were both 17, Nina saw her father talking to Emma, but she couldn't hear what was being said. Since she knew her father, she knew he was coming on to Emma. What she couldn't know was that Emma brushed him off and things never went any farther. Nina thinks she is remembering the beginning of another of her father's affairs. Emma, naturally, has completely forgotten one meaningless five minute conversation with a relative stranger that happened twenty years ago.
Image for Her
Her
by Harriet Lane (Goodreads Author)