Zilma
Zilma asked:

When will this book be released? I am tired of authors breaking up books into parts. The first book was very short. The whole series could have been one average length book. Is this a way of making more money?

To answer questions about Pawn - Volume 2, please sign up.
Maya James Hello Zilma. I loaded the book onto Amazon on release day but it stayed in their review process for well over 48 hours.

I chose to release as a serial because I've always loved episodic books (I wrote anime fanfiction in the late 90s/ early 2000's and released in episodes). I love reading shorter books, and that really impacted my writing preferences! :)

Most authors charge $2.99 or more for books that are 50,000 words and up. Pawn volume 1 was 25k words, volume 2 was 22k, and volume 3 is right at 40k, for a total of close to 90,000 words. I price each volume at $0.99, so I actually make less money because the royalty rate is significantly lower.
Sjf The books are well written and steamy! It was explained as a serial prior to release. If you don't like serials pass to another book (although this isn't to be missed) or wait until all the volumes are released to read them. It isn't fair to complain about the books being volumes when it was clearly stated that way.
Dee Since Amazon never sold the 3rd book. What can i can do to get the 3rd book cause this was an amazing story. I have really enjoyed it. I want to know the conclusion. Please contact me on how i can read the last book. My email is 2dream96@gmail.com just pt the name of the book in the subject line or your name. I look forward to talking with you.
Saunders Ok so can you confirm then where and what has happened to the third part of this "volumised" series? Its not on Amazon.
Image for Pawn - Volume 2
by Maya St. James (Goodreads Author)