I have just finished reading and there is one thing I really want to know. Who was the one who turned Countess Elizabeth Bathory into a vampire? I'm not sure if I just completely missed this sometime during the book but its driving my crazy! Dracula was obviously enraged when she brought it up to him during their battle at the end of the novel but I don't believe it said who is was.

To answer questions about Dracula the Un-Dead, please sign up.
Sally Riedel It was Dracula ( Vladimir Basarab), if you have not read the "Afterword" "Authors' Note" and the "Acknowledgements" please do so. There is a lot to learn from these pages. Elizabeth Bathory was born 1560, Vlad was born 1431.
Kristína Čoko-čokoláda I thought it could be Radu - Vlad's brother. I read somewhere, they had become enemies, because Radu fought for Ottoman empire, while Vlad against. Elizabeth was quite enthusiastic to combat Dracula with his brother's sword and when Mina examined memories obtained from Bathory at one point she saw some dark enigmatic person visiting Elizabeth and then Dracula's face came into her mind and she was not sure, whether she thought of his face, or seen it in Erzsebet's memory. I do not know how Radu looked, but being brother with Dracula, he could have some similar facial features. I just do not know why would Bathory side with islam fan, when islam is even harsher to women, than christianity. So maybe I am wrong.
Image for Dracula the Un-Dead