I thought the ending was not that good, what do you think?

To answer questions about My Sister's Keeper, please sign up.
Kelly Marie I think the ending is very powerful. We (and the Fitzgeralds, and everyone else) spend the whole time thinking Kate is the one with no future, Kate is the one whose every last moment is precious...everyone just takes for granted that Anna has a long future ahead of her. Sara did not fully appreciate her third child because she expected to lose KATE, not Anna. This ending show the unpredictability of life and how we can't take people for granted and expect them to always be there. OK so is the ending medically feasible, or likely? No, but the ending proves the author's thematic point about appreciating the blessings in our lives and how you don't know what you've got until it's gone. Throughout the book, we see how Sara took Anna for granted and almost didn't even see her as an individual with a life, just a donor for Kate, and then Anna is the one she loses, not Kate.
UKEXPAT74 I thought the ending was poor - rather like a sit-com where a character, for some reason, has to be removed. The script writer has to make a quick decision. Whether it's a plane crash, riding accident, gun shot wound or falling out of a window, it's never very satisfactory. But when such an unexpected event is supposed to be the climax to a rather long drawn-out book, it is rather a poor show.
Enthusiastic_Reader I think the ending was sad, as clearly we got to like Anna. However, I think the ending was a perfect choice for illustrating one of the main themes - that her sister was at the core of her and all she wanted to do was prevent her sister's suffering. And in the end, her sister's life was saved because of her death, which is what Anna wanted all along...
Was it brutal? Yes. But the whole story was sad as it is about a young girl suffering from cancer her whole life.
Maria To be honest it was a shocking ending, I was not expecting that all. I believe the author should have chosen a different ending, there were many questions in my mind at the end , for example what caused the accident? Why did Anna have that ending, when all she wanted was to finally make her own decisions? and so many others. I mean every book has a twist in some part of the story but I dont think this one should have been at the end.
Image for My Sister's Keeper
by Jodi Picoult (Goodreads Author)