Susan Stafford

I'm currently reading this book - very good so far. Does anyone else find the twins to be strange? And why does Richard feel the need to lie about everything?

To answer questions about The Secret History, please sign up.
Chloe I'll try to answer with little to no spoilers! The twins are very strange, from the moment I started reading they always threw me off (especially Camilla), later on you get a small explanation as to why they are so close but a very small explanation at that. My best guess about Richard is that he's just ashamed of his lower class lifestyle in comparison to his peers, he feels like an outcast so he lies about his past to make himself seem more like the rest of them.
Karen Ratten Yes I wondered about Richard being so unloveable by his parents that one they don't seem to want him and certainly didn't want any more of him in their family.. It is refreshing that he seems to be as unwanted by them which being a parent I find hard to understand... did he have no redeeming features to his parents.
Image for The Secret History