Marsha Lea
Marsha Lea asked:

My undergraduate degree is in Literature. What do you think prompted the author to include "Ode to a Grecian Urn?" It appeared twice in the book.

To answer questions about A Fall of Marigolds, please sign up.
Elizabeth Thematically, it is quite relevant, as Keats writes of beauty (or memory, in the case of Fall of Marigolds) that is frozen in time cannot be made to compete with real life. The beauty of the urn will live on, while in real life, we age and die. Just as a memory of a love that is preserved in our thoughts seems more perfect than a new, "real" love, with all its flaws and obstacles. I thought the use of the poem was a lovely touch in A Fall of Marigolds.
Linda I definitely agree with this. I lost someone I loved at a young age and looking back after 34yrs. it is very true that a real love can never compete with a memory.
Image for A Fall of Marigolds
by Susan Meissner (Goodreads Author)