Cristina
Cristina asked:

What do you all think the significance of the song Holly hears is? Obviously it's in her head, as we find out in the last chapter-flashback. I wonder if it's part of the magical electric link that they share when they're together and they're strong. Maybe Holly hears it on the bus and takes it as a sign that she's doing the right thing, that this will take them back to how they were before.

To answer questions about The Secret Place, please sign up.
Tressa To me it meant that her friendship with the girls will wax and wane over the years, but there will be times of clarity even on into their adulthood where they will remember how close they were and what a bond they have together. I think this because of the inclusion of her mom's meet up with her old classmates right before this scene. It's been so long since her mom and her friends have seen each other, and she was afraid to meet up with them again after so much time because they may have lost the spark they had as a group, but she was elated when she fell back into the comfort of their friendship and it felt like nothing had changed between them.
Image for The Secret Place
by Tana French (Goodreads Author)