Mark
Mark asked:

Lydia Gilbert was my ancestor, and this is a true story that you won't believe. I can't wait to read it. Has anyone read it yet?

To answer questions about The Trial of Goody Gilbert, please sign up.
Beth Caruso I've also read the book. The historical details in the book are inaccurate page after page. If you want more of a fantasy read, go for it. But to learn more about Windsor and this case...absolutely NOT. Completely stereotyped as well. A sad testament to Lydia Gilbert who suffered and died under the unfortunate witch hysteria that took place in the mid 1600s. The book does not do justice to Lydia. I'm sure she's rolling in her grave.
Katherine Basto Yes, I read this. I don't believe much of it because most of it is not true! The author has difficulties with even getting the names of the Governors correct at the time. Yes, it's "based on a true story." It would have helped me to know what was true and imagined because as a witchcraft author from Conn, I didn't see or read much accurate information! It pains me to see a character that is described using every witch stereotype imaginable when the records do not reflect this at all. I wish the author had just stuck to the basic plot line of what we know and followed through on this.
Image for The Trial of Goody Gilbert
by Suzanne Ress (Goodreads Author)