Sls
Sls asked:

Which stories are in this anthology?

To answer questions about Wake Up Screaming, please sign up.
Joseph Carrabis (this was the first book I bought with my own money, wa-a-ay back in 1967. I still have my copy and am giving the Table of Contents with my comments)
It's a Good Life, Jerome Bixby (Twilight Zone episode)
Water's Edge, Robert Bloch
The Man Who Liked Ants, Leslie Charteris
Thus I Refute Beelzy, John Collier (and I still remember this story vividly. I sometimes due an homage to it in some of my writings)
Arabesque: The Mouse, A.E. Coppard (terrifying when I read this as a child. Gave me goosebumps)
Royal Jelly, Roald Dahl (my god what a story. I think this was the basis of the Outer Limits episode, Bzzzz)
The Physiology of Fear, C.S. Forester
The Summer People, Shirley Jackson (and a reason I became a fan long before I had to read The Lottery in high school)
The Pond, Nigel Kneale
The Fly, George Langelaan (the original, different from all but the David Hedison movie version, and terrific reading)
Our Feathered Friends, Philip MacDonald
Decay, John C. Moore
Midnight Express, Alfred Noyes
The Dear Departed, Alice-Mary Schnirring
The Idol with Hands of Clay, Sir Frederick Treves
Lukundoo, Edward Lucas White (which was so atmospheric that, even though I didn't understand the story until years later, I was enthralled by it)
Image for Wake Up Screaming
by Lee Wright (Goodreads Author)