Robin Brown Clune

So...someone recommended this to me. What is the "Magic 2.0" reference in the series? Is that Magic the Gathering? Or something else, entirely? As a grown-up (who admittedly reads quite a bit of YA fantasy--there's not much else left) will I like it?

To answer questions about Off to Be the Wizard, please sign up.
Zxilana Magic 2.0 is the name of the series. If you click on it, you will go to the page where it shows the other books in the series.
Jen They say Magic 2.0 as a reference to computer programming/web programming and "Web 2.0". It's a buzz word. It's a joke for people who code. :)
Charles I'm 43 years old and I very much enjoyed reading this book. I just finished the book last week and I've already ordered book 2 and 3 in the series. I'm not really sure of the "2.0" in the title, since there is no reference to that in the book at all. My only thought is that it refers to how software applications are given numerical version numbers. In fact, there is no actual "magic" in the story at all, since the "magic" being done is essentially the result of manipulation of technology. The book has nothing at all to do with Magic the Gathering. I would not consider this book necessarily YA, since all of the characters are adults.

Image for Off to Be the Wizard
by Scott Meyer (Goodreads Author)