Vincent
Vincent asked:

In THE BOOK OF GOOD PRACTICES I'm confused about whether it's best to pick and choose a daily regimen or start at Attention and do those exercises for a few weeks before moving on to relaxation and stretches. I want to combine it with John Michael Greer's LEARNING RITUAL MAGICK, which suggests you work on Chapter 1 material before adding Chapter 2 material. Is there a Best Practices for THE BOOK OF GOOD PRACTICES?

To answer questions about The Book of Good Practices, please sign up.
Bill Whitcomb I think it's important to spend time with the first few chapters since they deal with establishing your exercise routines, starting a working journal, and working on mindfulness and relaxation in basic human activities. These are foundational practices common to most traditions. We tried to place the chapters in a logical order of progression, as much as that is possible with such a large set of practices. Certainly, I'd work through the practices in "part 1" chapters before part 2. For example, the practices in Attention II, certainly build on those in Attention I. Beyond that, I'd look at the suggested paths for different purposes listed in Appendix I. For the purposes of magical practice, you will certainly want to spend a lot of time with the breathing, concentration, sensory processing, and trance induction material. Sorry it took so long to respond to this question. I really should get over here more often.
Image for The Book of Good Practices
by Bill Whitcomb (Goodreads Author)