Lorna Nicholson

What did you think about Fragile Bones being written in two voices?

To answer questions about Fragile Bones: Harrison & Anna, please sign up.
Derpy Queen I absolutely loved it. It was the point of view of the 2 main characters, It was quite confusing at times, for instance, the ice cream meeting. When everything was being told again in Harrison's POV (It was Anna's first) I thought that I was reading it again. But soon it cleared away.
Lorna Nicholson As the author of this book writing it in two voices was a challenge but an interesting, and fun, process. I enjoyed looking at the situations from two different viewpoints and by doing so I think I've become a better person in my real life. Here is just a simple example: I was at the grocery store and there was a woman in front of me. I had, once again, overloaded my little basket and it hung heavy on my arm. The woman wasn't moving forward and was oblivious that she should move forward. I wanted to say, "Move forward, Lady." But I didn't. Because I wondered why she was gazing into space and what she was thinking at that moment. Perhaps she didn't understand the social etiquette of a line and she was trying to cope being in a big store with a lot of noise. Of course, a few seconds later, the cashier talked to her and the line started to move. My patience only cost me seconds. So...looking at both characters in Fragile Bones has given me awareness in my real world.
Image for Fragile Bones
by Lorna Schultz Nicholson (Goodreads Author)