Laura
Laura asked:

Would Daring Greatly make a good book club book?

Fran I would think so! I'm only 10% in so far and there's already a lot of scope for discussion and learning.
Alice Gold It depends on your bookclub. I might attempt it with the right readers. It's a life-changing book, but for a good discussion I think it will take the right kind of discussers who are willing to be vulnerable. (Funny, they might have to read the book to learn how to do that.) I can see this completely flopping in my Critical Literature class. Everyone is so stoic and impersonal.
Sara Rosenthal We ARE reading it for a bookclub and it is a great read - if you are that type of personality. Some of the ladies are teachers and although I am not I am fascinated by human relationships and psychology so I really enjoyed this book. I watched Brene Brown's Ted Talk and love her work!
Lisa I'd say NO. Unless the book club is made up entirely of extroverts! 1) this is an inner-work type of book. The good of the book would be wasted if people were sailing through to make a deadline. 2) It takes a long time to work through it and apply it to your life. 3) You'd have to know everyone in the group pretty well to share stuff about vulnerability. It would be an exercise in HIDING if everyone read it and then felt threatened by having to talk about it, ha! You could have a real mess on your hands.
Jason Prasad Yes, absolutely without a doubt.
Jeff Without a doubt. I've made reference to the book in social settings, in business settings and in church meetings. In every setting, there is someone who has read it and wants to talk about it.
Samah Abu Omar Yes I believe it would. Lots of social and personal aspects.
Jessica Faulkner Chase Yes, you can find great book club questions here - http://www.scribd.com/doc/174262340/D...
Deepali We are reading this book in Aug 2021 as a part of "Lean In - Read to Lead", a Global online reading club.

We’re always looking for new members and fresh perspectives. To Join visit: https://leanin.org/circles/read-to-lead today and be a part of Lean In’s global community.

Read-to-lean LEANIN Circle is restricted to only Women! The goal is to read books that spark thought-provoking conversation and read books by women, for women and celebrate more women authors and encourage more people to read works by women.
Image for Daring Greatly
by Brené Brown (Goodreads Author)