Canadian Reader

Hi everyone, Has anyone compared this book to the 2nd edition? Are there major changes or does she essentially cover the same territory. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Sue 3rd Edition 2015 :
Due to the passage of time, she's updated some of her thinking, saying things like "beware of when I said 'never' previously, reshaped her paragraphing, inserted comments about newer YA books, included remarks about her other books, and admits to still using older technology. I wondered if that's why there's no accompanying cd or web available PDFs. It would be nice to have her figures and appendixes available in this format, rather than having people photocopy or retype and revise for their own. Surely the publisher could have afforded to pay her typist to create things in this format.
Gayle Well, it does say 80% new material. I have just started it and am enthralled.
Shelly Much of it seems familiar, like an old friend. And like an old friend you haven't seen in a really long time, it's awesome to catch up with what's been happening in the life of her classroom practice. Well worth reading. For me, I've been working toward a Reading / Writing Workshop approach, but never quite managed it. Finally, I have the opportunity and the time and Attwell's latest edition. :)
Image for In the Middle