Nectaria
Nectaria asked:

I'm about 99.9% sure that I'm still pronouncing Ryiah's name wrong. How is it actually pronounced?

To answer questions about First Year, please sign up.
Rachel E. Carter Think of how you pronounce "rye" bread -that strong "I" sound:) So "rye-uh" or "rye." My best friend still calls her "Ree-ah" so it's all good either way;P
Kelly YES, I was pronouncing it correctly! haha
I was trying to figure out whether it was Ree-uh or Rye-uh, and settled on the long -i pronunciation once i saw her nickname was Ry.

Loved your books - I just read the first two in less than 2 days, and apparently just in time, too, since book 3 just came out on Amazon an hour ago. It is already on my Kindle waiting to be read lol. :)
Miranda I started with "Ree-eye-uh" but then was saying "Rye" for the nickname, so ended up with "Rye-eye-uh" because with only two syllables I couldn't justify the existence of the i. ;)
Amanda at Brains, Books, and Brawn wow so I've basically been pronouncing it wrong forever.
Image for First Year
by Rachel E. Carter (Goodreads Author)