Suriyana
Suriyana asked:

I'm trying, but I can't get through this book. I thought it would be interesting because the synopsis screamed "READ ME!" Sadly, I have no patience with the plot and I can't keep up with the characters. The individual stories have great potential, but the execution was quite a let down. Does anyone think it's worth it to finish the book? I feel like I shouldn't give up on it if there's hope for the remainder of it.

To answer questions about Niceville, please sign up.
Maria NO. All your mental efforts will be for naught. The end sucks.
Jonkonfui I didn't know this book was the first of a series. However i cannot imagine anyone after having read this first of one to feel like getting to know more about those horrible characters.
Ted Williams If it is the first part of a series then that explains the ending, but if not then no it isn't worth your time
Jerry Balzano Disagree with the other naysayers; it IS worth your summoning additional patience, especially if the synopsis screamed "READ ME!" to you. I also had trouble getting comfortable with this book, so I know what you're talking about. Worth noting: the second and third books of this trilogy both get significantly higher marks than this first installment.
Fourborne It was like two different stories. I wished he would of kept on the line of the disappearance of the residents of Niceville, but he wove in a crime story too. The ending was horrible, it left me confused, then I found out it is suppose to be a series.
Image for Niceville
by Carsten Stroud (Goodreads Author)