Paige
Paige asked:

Is this a lot like Cruel Beauty? It sounds vaguely similar if not in setting then at least in major plot points. Is it worth it to read both?

To answer questions about The Book of Ivy, please sign up.
K I've never read Cruel Beauty, so I can't compare based on reading experience, however, check the ratings and you will see TBoI has a MUCH higher rating. Trust me, it is worth the read.
Jen The setting and part of the storyline is similar but The Book of Ivy is better in my opinion. The flow of the book is much smoother meaning that it provides you with clear information whereas Cruel Beauty kinda dumps a chunck of what happened in one bit and then for another bit, nothing really happens. Its worth to read both tho..
Sam I actually liked Cruel Beauty more but this was also an enjoyable read. There is less flirtatious interaction between the two main characters in Book of Ivy if that helps.
Regina Let me put it this way, I started Cruel Beauty and DNFed it. Sorry! But I burned my way through TBoI. So, yes. I would say it is worth it. TBoI has a completely different feel.
Image for The Book of Ivy
by Amy Engel (Goodreads Author)