Sarah Wright
Sarah Wright asked:

I've heard about Louis Bromfield--good things--and now my interest is piqued. Anyone ready anything by him and is the hype justified?

To answer questions about Early Autumn: A Story of a Lady, please sign up.
Dana Moore It was very descriptive and painted an excellent picture of each character. However, it was boring by today’s standards. This book is nearly 100 years of age - expectations were different, during this time period. This book is worth reading. It gives you an understanding of the writing trends and the mindset of people During this time-if these things concern you.
Susan Katz I am attempting to read all the books that have won the Pulitzer Prize, so I got a (free) copy of Early Autumn by Louis Bromfield. I don't believe a book has ever bored me quite so much. I am now skimming. It's just a lot of exposition and not much narrative.
Image for Early Autumn