Rachel
Rachel asked:

Can I read The Ghost Road as a stand-alone story or am I really at a disadvantage not reading the first two? Also, if you had to choose to read only one book of the trilogy; which one do you think is the best stand-alone or would create the most discussion? I intend to read all 3, but I want to propose this for a book club and I don't think thé entire trilogy would pass, but maybe one would.

To answer questions about The Ghost Road, please sign up.
Palmyrah I've only read the last. Worked fine for me.
Audrey Lynch You need to read them all, I'm afraid. I've read all three in less than 10 days. Mind you no work done....
Steve I can see reading the first one, 'Regeneration' on its own. 'The Eye in the Door' lost me, but this great trilogy closes with the 'The Ghost Road' which, to me, is nearly as good as the first novel. I could not imagine reading any of the other two books except in chronological order.
Rachel Thank you both for taking the time to answer my question(s). We decided to go with the first book, but we will discuss all three if people go ahead and read them. I've finished the first, am currently on 'eye' and will read ghost road after.
Christa For one of my uni modules we're reading this book and we only read this one. I've just started and it seems to work alright? So I'm guessing it's not absolutely necessary, you just see less of the characters' lives.
Image for The Ghost Road