Maria Kyveli Mavrokordopoulou

The story is sad but through a subtle language it becomes poetic. However the environment which accompanies it (Los Angeles, the hollywood industry, the life of famous authors travelling all over the world and staying at super expensive hotels...) becomes annoying at the end...

To answer questions about Blue Nights, please sign up.
Elizabeth Moore I can easily see what you are saying, but the reality is, that is life for some. Not you, not me -- but it does give some like us a glimpse of that other world. Not to negate what annoyed you in Blue Nights, I guess I found myself resonating with what Didion had to say about growing old-er. I put it that way, ie. old-er, because I refuse to accept being old (alas! 60 is not old, is it?). I also was able to see in my own relationship with my daughter what Didion says about hers with Quintana Roo.

For another glimpse into that world of LA, etc., consider Pat Conroy's South of Broad (which overall, I thought stunk majorly).

The beauty of literature, or any written word, is that it can speak to each of us in different ways. Thanks much for your comments.
Image for Blue Nights