Paddy Eger
Paddy Eger asked:

Covers are funny things. My book is a classic blue cover with no dust jacket. Had it been one of the more modern, flirty covers, I'd have probably passed on reading it, thinking it would be a sappy romance. How do covers affect what you purchase/read?

To answer questions about Sara Dane, please sign up.
Fiona I just came across this book which is one I have read many times. The cover depicted above is terrible. My paperback shows what I think is a scene from the miniseries that was made of Sara Dane, with the actress shown in correct period dress and resembling the description in the book. The cover here bears no resemblance to the story.
Alícia Cohim My grandma bought several books of Catherine Gaskin with flirty covers when she was young and now they're mine because she gave me. The first one I read was A Falcon for a Queen and I loved! But I never stop wondering why they do this to covers of books that are not "sappy romances". After that, I started to care more about the reputation of the writer, the storie and how the book is written in the first lines than with the cover itself.
Image for Sara Dane