My best friend is like "HAVE YOU READ THE MAZE RUNNER? IT IS SO GOOD!!". And I saw the movie, and personally hated it. Is the book series better than the movie?

To answer questions about The Maze Runner, please sign up.
Jim I agree with Kathryn. The movie left me confused, so I read the book to try to understand. The differences between book and film are more significant, if memory serves, than in Hunger Games. Haven't seen Divergent yet, so can't comment on a comparison.
Kathryn The book is quite different from the movie and it fills in quite a few of the polt holes left by the movie but the film is still mostly based on the book so unfortunately truth be told you may not enjoy it either. But if you do decide to give it a try the beginning is quite slow and it gets a lot better as you go.

Hope this helps
Image for The Maze Runner
by James Dashner (Goodreads Author)