Sugarspell
Sugarspell asked:

I'm sorta a happy ending girl. I've started reading some spooky books like "The Cavandish home for Boys and Girls" and "The books of Elsewhere" and I'd like to try this one. I don't mind blood, just not gore and a little bit of scary stuff is ok. How dark is this book? I don't want to read it only to scare me half to death.

To answer questions about A Tale Dark & Grimm, please sign up.
Meredith I didn't think this book was all that dark. While some not nice things happen he doesn't dwell on it with lots of gory details. I would give it a try. Through out the book he stops the story and warns you of things. If at those points you don't think you can take it then stop. But it is a great read. Definitely worthwhile.
Ray-ray This book is not for people with weak tolerance for death, blood, and overall gore. The ending is fairly happy, but VERY bloody things happen on the way. The book is very good, though. There are 'warnings' about when blood is coming.
Levi J it's nothing too bad
Megan Its a comedic book with very descriptive gore; it won't scare you, it'll leave you with a serious case of "That's messed up."
Nicholas its kinda like putting a toothpick under your toenail, and repeatedly kicking a door over and over again. The gore in the book is a bit worse than that, but the ending is fairily happy, hense the fairy tale
Eliza This is my favorite book and it does have a happy ending, but it is also the most gruesome book i've ever read. (until the 2 sequels)
Krislyn T. Foley this book is not for you dear, there is many gruesome and bloody activity that will not fit your genre taste. in my opinion anyway.
Image for A Tale Dark & Grimm
by Adam Gidwitz (Goodreads Author)