Samantha Sklar

Hi I have yet to read this, as I'm worried the book I have is abridged. I bought the Bantam Classics edition first issued in 1992. It is rather tiny in size, aside from the amount of pages being 229. It is a little bigger than an iPhone 6+. I would rather read the non-abridged version, if this turns out to be abridged. Would somebody be able to help me?

Greg My edition is 147 pages long. I can't imagine why it would be abridged/censored, etc., as it's a rather short book with absolutely nothing offensive.
Ri_br Now I get it. Thanks for the comments. I have the Time inc. version. Picked up somewhere used. I'm plowing through it. I get it, even when I feel a little lost in its style.
Liam Royle My edition is the one given here (1992, Wordsworth Classics, same ISBN) and only has 196 pages (plus 4 pages of "introduction"). I'm not sure where the claim of 238 is coming from on the page.
Cristian Mine was 200 pages long and it said on the cover it was the complete edition.
Image for A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man