Lisa
Lisa asked:

How can I make search results stay in place while I go to the passages shown? For example, if I search on "Adonijah" I get several results. After I jump to a cited passage I can't get back to the same search. Instead, my attempt to continue with the search kicks me out of the book altogether. I have to reopen the book, open search and type my search word again. Search has me running in circles.

Barb Davies Have you tried Bible gateway to find a particular passage.
To get to the place where you were, if you're reading it on your kindle, ipad, or desktop, there should be a table of content. You can get to the book and verse that you were reading, but it won't take you to the verse you were at. If I have what your trouble is right, you may want to get a hard or paperback Bible or go on separate devices if that's possible
Grampy That is one of my few criticisms of this format. At one time it was possible to do exactly what you want to do, but sometime in the past year - I believe it was when Amazon sent out a software update to all active Kindle devices - it became no longer possible to do so in the usual manner. It used to be that all you had to do was click the back-arrow to return to the previous page. Now, when you click the back-arrow you are kicked out of the entire book, as you have discovered.

HOWEVER - There IS a useful workaround IF you are using the Kindle Fire; it may work on other models, but the Fire HD is the only one I've got at the moment. If you have a different model, try this and see if it works.

Place a bookmark on the page to which you want to return. (You place bookmarks on the Fire HD by simply touching the upper right corner of the screen on the page you want to bookmark.) Later, you tap the screen anywhere and a menu bar appears at the top of the screen.

Selecting 'bookmarks' from that menu bar will take you to a list of all your bookmarks, whereupon you can select the one you're looking for. That will return you to the desired page. I do not know if your search term will still be in the search box, but at least you won't be ejected back to your carousel. I've found it to be a useful tool for several reasons.
Image for The Holy Bible