Brian Leakway
Brian Leakway asked:

Seems like most of the reviews are by women. Would a male reader enjoy this book? I read Gone Girl and liked it a lot...except for the ending.

To answer questions about The Girl on the Train, please sign up.
Nick Yes, absolutely. Its a thriller. Just happens to be written by a (very talented) woman. She gets the male characters pretty much spot on so its not really gender specific if you know what I mean. Just great read.
Les I quite liked the book. I found it suspenseful - "thriller" seems more a word for a Tom Clancy novel. But I also consider the key developments to be in the characters' emotions, not a question of action.

Tastes vary, but I doubt like and dislike will be on gender lines. The big question will be "can you stand unreliable narrators" IMHO, YMMV.
Eric Goldman I'm a male reader and I enjoyed this book very much.
Sidney Lock Sorry but disliked all the characters and felt the story was too long winded
Image for The Girl on the Train
by Paula Hawkins (Goodreads Author)