JoAnn
JoAnn asked:

I did not understand this book. It seemed cruel what was being done to Daphne. I just did not get the ending at all. From looking at the reviews I feel that I am missing something. Can someone please explain?

To answer questions about The Purgatorium, please sign up.
Eva Pohler Hi, JoAnn. I understand why you would feel that way. I wanted to create mixed feelings in my readers. Think of the Purgatorium as a metaphor for a novel and of Dr. Gray as a metaphor for an author. Sometimes what authors do to readers seems cruel, too. Authors put us through these emotional journeys that make us think about our lives, and even though the experience may be painful, and sometimes torture, we readers are usually grateful for the experience. But I think it takes reading through all three books to totally grasp this metaphor.
Image for The Purgatorium
by Eva Pohler (Goodreads Author)