Jabs
Jabs asked:

what age group is this for?

To answer questions about Land of Nod, The Artifact, please sign up.
Gary Hoover Jabs, I apologize for not answering this sooner, but I just saw it now. The main character is 14 years old. Many people look at that and say "this is a book for teenagers", but that was never my intention. I wanted a younger protagonist because his inherent uncertainties and weaknesses make his efforts more heroic when he overcomes them. I tried to write the book in a way that all ages could enjoy it. I think it's similar to something like Star Wars in terms of the appropriate age. Some 'serious' people may feel it's beneath them, but I think anyone who still has some imagination and willing to have a little fun can enjoy it. I hope that answers your question.
Image for Land of Nod, The Artifact
by Gary Hoover (Goodreads Author)