Tom
Tom asked:

any other books out there about Alexander the Great you'd recommend?

Wesley Redfield A fine historical novel is A PERSIAN BOY.
TheBohemianBookworm Mary Renault's books are excellent. I am currently reading the first one of her trilogy, "Fire from Heaven." They should definitely be read in order I think but they are really well written.
Michaela Mary Renault's trilogy of Alexander was brilliant. The three books are A Fire from Heaven, A Persian Boy and Funeral Games.
Bogdan You could try the Alexander Trilogy by Valerio Massimo Manfredi. It's good. Or if you would prefer a more academic view on Alexander, I recommend Arthur Weigall's Alexander The Great. And it's a no brainer that you could also try reading the main sources for Alexander: Plutarch, Arrian, Curtius etc.
John Alexander of Macedon by Peter Green. Very readable but scholarly history and biography.
Image for The Virtues of War
by Steven Pressfield (Goodreads Author)