Jessica
Jessica asked:

To answer questions about Always Have Hope, please sign up.
Maureen Driscoll Jessica, I am so INCREDIBLY sorry to keep you waiting. I've never had a question before (but maybe I should go back and double check to make sure!), so I didn't even think to look. I'm so sorry. I'm normally quite prompt in other venues. 53 days! I'm so sorry!

So now I'm going to give you more than you ever wanted to know.

First, I'm so glad to hear you like Nick. He's been a bit of a cypher to me because he hasn't been living at the dower house. And he's kind of unique that he's part of their family but expected to be the head of his, as well.

I'm trying to figure out how to explain this without giving too much away. Basically, his awful cousin Simon ratchets up the pressure to have himself declared the true earl. Nick has to travel to another part of England to clear his name -- not so much for his sake as for his tenants who depend on him. While he's there he meets a great woman, but he also learns something that helps unravel the Emerson mystery.

So he's going to add a piece of the puzzle that, in the end, Rose and Nate will have to solve.

As for the lady...(here you're getting information no one else has because I feel INCREDIBLY BAD)....her name is Kate and, similar to Ava, while she's a gentleman's daughter, she's not a member of the ton and has no desire to be. She doesn't want to marry Nick if he remains the earl and he doesn't feel he deserves her if he loses the title.

As you might imagine, the other Emersons have some rather strong feelings about the subject. And they don't hesitate to meddle.

I also have an idea for a novella somewhere down the line. It turns out Letty has a half brother who wants to get to know her. He has two school friends. So there are three of them and Letty, Anna and Violet..... I am not, by the way implying Letty's brother makes a pass at Letty.

So....that's about it for now. I'm hoping Nick's book will be out by summer and Rose's by the end of the year.

Again, I am SO sorry I kept you waiting! And thanks for your interest in the Emersons!
Image for Always Have Hope
by Maureen Driscoll (Goodreads Author)