Tammy
Tammy asked:

I know this is a series, however can you read this book without having read the others?

To answer questions about Origin in Death, please sign up.
Diane Yes, but then you miss the full character(s) development and story continuity. The first ID book I read was "Visions in Death", I did not know that there were other books in the series. I looked at the front of the book again and saw a list, then I hunted up all the books before Visions and read them diligently (have read the full series 4 times now - am on my 5th [reading Thankless right now]).
Nandi A lot of people got their InDeath start out of order, and garnered a lot of fans that way. I was fortunate enough to discover the books about six months after naked in death was originally released.

In those days it was only supposed to be a trilogy, and only released in paperback. Lucky for fans, the series was so popular Nora continued on!
It took me several years, however, to find out that Nora Roberts and J.D. Robb were one and the same!😋
Delia Binder Yes, I started the series about (geez!) fifteen years ago with LOYALTY IN DEATH, the tenth book in the series. I loved it so much I went back, pre-eBook, and bought the entire series in paperback to catch up, and have been reading it ever since.
Kathy Mitson Yes, you can, but I think if you read out of order (which is how I started the series) it will then make you want to go to the beginning of the series and learn about Eve and Roarke and all the other main characters from their origin. Or at least it was that way for me. Happy reading!
Image for Origin in Death
by J.D. Robb (Goodreads Author)