Johnnie
Johnnie asked:

After watching the 45 minute video on 99U is it worth reading? Are all the premises shared in the video that are in the book? Or is it really worth the reading?

To answer questions about Leaders Eat Last, please sign up.
Boni Aditya Video vs Book

The discussion is quite simple.
Video - Watch and forget
Book - Read, Remember and Refer!

If you are busy - and you don't have a week to spend on a book - then watch a video! But it is never a substitute for a book. I have watched almost all the ted talks for the last four years. I gained a lot of knowledge from them but when it comes to application none of that knowledge comes out at the right time to be useful.

Out of the very good books that I have read - I remember a lot - Black Swan - Blink - Outliers and now this book - I have watched all Simon Sinek's videos - All of them - But they are never equal to the information and delivery that a book gives you!

Book is about printing the information into your head - It is the way you load new software into your brain. Video is merely for entertainment - content that is designed to get you off your seat and get the high! The interesting stuff is usually in the details - which only a book can deliver!
Aaron If you're willing to accept his summary conclusions, the video may be enough. I prefer to understand the underlying logic both for personal satisfaction, for better memory, and for linking those dynamics with other concepts and ideas in other or later research or analysis.
Adelina While it's true that the book seems to repeat itself at a certain point and the video is more concise. There are more stories and certain thinking patterns mentioned in the book that adds to the main points, even if it means reading 10 pages further what that added connection is.
Rebecca I enjoyed this book. It is very informative in an entertaining way. I would definitely say read it. I listened to the book on CD from the library but I'm tempted to buy the book for my personal library. The author explains in a way anyone can understand how different types of leadership affect a business, and even Government. There is more material in the book, and the review of what you have already seen in the video is valuable.
Deepen Shah The Video possesses a small trailer of what's in the book. But the first two chapters in the book are actually covered by the 99U video. The Johhny Bravo story has been explained covering all the details and there were a lot of reference to this man in the future Chapters.
Image for Leaders Eat Last
by Simon Sinek (Goodreads Author)