Sidney
Sidney asked:

I have a 7th grade student who is looking for mysteries. She's mature and a strong reader. Do you think this would be a good series for her? Your insight is appreciated (because I don't have time to read this till next month).

To answer questions about As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust, please sign up.
Janell I think they'd be find for that sort of reader. The protagonist is supposedly 12, after all - although a far from realistic 12.
Anna First, I'd start with the first book because they do add on each other.

The series deals with all kinds of murder plots, talk about poisons, and general family stuff, but I think a mature 7th grader could probably handle it. They are definitely written for an adult audience, but they don't contain sex (beyond the level of innuendo) or drugs or anything like that. This is not 50 Shades of Gray. :)
Image for As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust
by Alan Bradley (Goodreads Author)