Jessica
Jessica asked:

Okay, so I have seen many people say that Madeline is an orphan. I guess I figured she was in a boarding school since she got toys from her "Papa" while in the hospital. Or am I missing something? I ask because I am not familiar with anything Madeline and first just read this to my daughter for her school work.

To answer questions about Madeline, please sign up.
Desiree Angeles In the novel, it is highly implied the Madeline as well as the rest of the girls are not orphans but rather students from a Catholic boarding school. However, this was not the case on the animated films. So that's why many would believe that Madeline and the other girls are living on an orphanage.
Belinda "Madeline is the smallest yet bravest of the twelve girls at the boarding school." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madelin...

It is also said she is American not French, I know you can only take so much from Wikipedia but I believe that to be true. Madeline was my favorite growing up.
Daniel Zielske I always thought she was at a boarding school and had parents somewhere as well. I read a few of the Madeline books to my daughter many years ago and don't recall whether there were other references to parents.
Image for Madeline