Bilal
Bilal asked:

I don't get it. How can Great-Uncle Etienne hear Pakistan from a radio when no Pakistan existed in 1940? I know it seems something so unimportant, but as I'm Pakistani, this is important to me. It's this one glaring thing out of this huge mass of perfection.

To answer questions about All the Light We Cannot See, please sign up.
Barbara I just searched for the word "Pakistan" in my Kindle edition, and it does not appear in the novel. Etienne says, “I can hear ships at sea. Madrid. Brazil. London. I heard India once. Here at the edge of the city, so high in the house, we get superb reception.”
I suspect that someone pointed out to Mr. Doerr that one would not have referred to "Pakistan" at that time, and he substituted the reference to "India" into Etienne's remark.
Image for All the Light We Cannot See
by Anthony Doerr (Goodreads Author)