Shirley
Shirley asked:

Are the next books in the series slow, or do they move along? I don't want to read a lot of books that are like the movie CASTAWAY where Tom Hanks spends 3 hrs. talking to a ball! One of my daughters loved this series and the other one was bored.

To answer questions about The Walk, please sign up.
Teri It's hard to answer this question, as each of us has a different measuring standard. I saw Castaway, and I liked the movie. It did not bother me that it was a 'slow' movie. These books are not as slow, but they are not fast-moving books either. The idea is that there is a lot about life that he is learning as he walks across America, and so that, naturally, means taking time to think and ponder. It is captivating and while I wouldn't say it's a "cliffhanger" at the end of each chapter or book, it certainly maintains your interest, as the stories of the people he meets and the things that happen is interesting. Each of them are "life events" that most people go through, so there is a commonality to it all that every reader will recognize and identify with.
Jan Of all 5 books, there was just one small part in one of the books about a girl he came upon that was tied to a tree. I won't say anymore, just that this story line was strange. I couldn't wait to read the next one and wish there were more in the series. Alot can be said about the writing style of Richard Paul Evans.
Bon Tom You didn't actually see that movie did you.
Image for The Walk