Why can't I finish this book? I stopped reading it. I moved on to a different novel, not by Chuck. I'm super disappointed. Especially after reading other great pieces of literature by Chuck. Sigh.

To answer questions about Damned, please sign up.
Alds Hey, I hope you've started to read it again by now, but just in case :))

It's either the fact that you can't picture yourself in Maddy's shoes, or that you're bored by the slow pace at the start. I did notice that the first eighteen or so chapters are slow, but it has its moments in X and I think XV.

But I couldn't stop reading after I read XX =)) It was just one big plot development after another, like that roller coaster ride that just suddenly speeds up :)) But the ending chapters are worth it. :D
Consuelo Culver I know! The set-up was slow for me too. I was about to give up until Maddy picked up a fight with Adolf Hitler. Then there is a twist that sets up the next book(s).
Jason Wiseman I will say that it does pick up the pace later on in the book but it is clearly written to set up a series. The last third of the book moves much better than the first 2/3rds. Although, I assume that will be little solace :).
Jeimy Mora So true. I am very disappointed. Not one of his best books, especially because listening (because I had to purchase the audiobook) to a 13 year-old girl speaking in such a manner is a lot unlikely. It would have been more credible for me had Maddy been a 15 or 17 year-old.
The book has also quite interesting moments, but then I remembered she was 13 and it was again far-fetched for me.

Anyways, Mr. Palahniuk will always be my all time favorite writer and I will always read his books.
John I know what you mean. I finished Damned but I just can't see myself continuing the series.
Image for Damned
by Chuck Palahniuk (Goodreads Author)