Brent
Brent asked:

My question is with me reading and enjoying 2-3 books per week, how can so many people adore this novel when I found it a waste of time? I told my wife with 30 pages to go I would recommend whether she read it or not, based on how it came out. I would never recommend this book to anyone. Maybe to clean up after Luli.

To answer questions about Station Eleven, please sign up.
Robert Johnson I believe the great philosopher Sly Stone explained it this way: "Different strokes for different folks."
Liz I see that you asked this question 2 years ago, but if you still want an answer (or if you ever did and weren't just stating your opinion on the book) I would say that I enjoyed it because it allowed me to take stock of my own life and what's really important. It helped me keep in mind that anything could happen and so it's important not to take things for granted. It also made me think about the skills needed for survival, and how so few people really know how to fend for themselves these days. I found this book devastating but also beautiful. It seems to me that it's a book primarily about love and regret, so I found it a valuable use of my time to read it.
Image for Station Eleven
by Emily St. John Mandel (Goodreads Author)