Corey
Corey asked:

I read the first book and part of the second, but I found Calaena's personality extremely at odds with her backstory. I could not understand why the world's most feared assassin kept complaining about everything. and HATED the fact that even though Calaena killed people, she has no guilt over being a murderer. Will this book redeem her for me at all, or should I just give up on the series with "it's not for me"?

To answer questions about The Assassin's Blade, please sign up.
Corey I've now read this book and am now answering my own question. I enjoyed this book more than Throne of Glass, as Celaena's character makes more sense and she actually assassinates. It doesn't change how I feel about ToG, however, but I will give the series a second chance.
Image for The Assassin's Blade
by Sarah J. Maas (Goodreads Author)