Nancy Butts
Nancy Butts asked:

In the chapter "Beware the Gemini" the scene with Mr. Curtain ends abruptly, and then shifts to a dorm room with the kids "remembering" a character named Pedalian who we've never met before. Is this is a mistake in the book? Can anyone tell me what happens in that scene? The last line I have is "For LIVE, spelled backwards, is EVIL." And then it jumps after a space break to "As Jillson had explained…”

To answer questions about The Mysterious Benedict Society, please sign up.
Kiri It's implied that some things happened "off stage" in the intervening time.
Ari Sharks Totally how it is supposed to be. That is part writing style and part something you will learn in the later books if I remember correctly. (I read these books a few years ago!)
Peter Summerhays SQ pedalian is what people refer to him as and that is probably why you did not recognize it. He was the one to inform them of Martina.
Hailey It's probably there to make the book seem more mysterious...
Jessie After a while you will start to understand it. It was definitely meant to be there.
Brandon Augustus I think Pedalian is mentioned earlier in the book...
niki Nope, the book is supposed to be like that. The writing style is sort of abrupt like that.
Image for The Mysterious Benedict Society
by Trenton Lee Stewart (Goodreads Author)