Cathy Finelli
Cathy Finelli asked:

Does this book favor the Palestinian point of view?

To answer questions about All I Love and Know, please sign up.
Mara Gold I believe it does...tho, I'm less than half way through. I find it upsetting and distracting that she felt the need to condemn Israel as the occupier in an offhanded way (just interjected here and there in the story as if her statements are complete fact). There is no condemnation of the Palestinians. Why the need to villify Israel? Just tell your story!
Nancy The book comes across at times as pretty didactic. Good story, but the heavy handed politics bogs it down.
Randi Daeger NO, but it considers it....which is the only way to advance peace.
Michele It absolutely does “favor the Palestinian view” in a very upsetting biased way without including some real facts or the Israeli point of view. It’s thrown in so offhanded at times constantly condemning Israel as an “occupier” & apartheid so that the uninformed if do not already will become anti-Israel without having heard the long complicated history of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. It certainly took away from what I thought the main story line should have concentrated on which was about a gay couple’s relationship & becoming parents & raising orphaned children.
Image for All I Love and Know