Eli
Eli asked:

Is it a particularly hard book to read?

To answer questions about A Study in Scarlet, please sign up.
Andrea No, it isnt. I´ve read it when I was 12 years old and I´ve been fascinated by Sherlock till now. I hope you enjoy the book. (This is the first book and it´s written in a different way than the others -like 2 different parts-)
Riszky i dont think so, it depends on the reader though. but i think the diction and words used is lovely, and rather poetic. maybe it is for 15+ audience
Robert Lovely lucid writing, and not hard at all.
Lisa No, not at all!
Nathan I actually listened to them and the first 2 books took about 4 hours to complete. The third is a collection of shorter cases that each take about an hour. (That's as far as I am; currently in the third.) There were a couple of times that I had to rewind the recording because my mind had wandered but in general the language is not very difficult. There are a couple Latin or French phrases that I did not look up, and occasionally there would be a word that, if given alone, I would not understand, but context was useful. Some of the language is a little archaic or at least rare, but most would understand it. I would say it is geared more towards the later teens or adults.
~☆~Autumn♥♥☔ No, its very easy to read but his attack on the Mormons is infuriating to me.
Ser Morgan As always, it depends on the reader. If you find it too hard to read, keep a dictionary handy. Personally, I found it quite easy.
Image for A Study in Scarlet