Jeanette
Jeanette asked:

I began this book a month ago and had to stop 33% through. Now, after reading the reviews I am considering starting up again, however, I am hesitant to spend any more time on it. The writing seems juvenile and the plot predictable, a sweet story - no doubt, but, is it worth the read?

To answer questions about A Switch in Time, please sign up.
John Bernett It is hard for me to answer this question, I think if you are a third of the way through the story and you have disliked what you have read so far I'm not sure if reading further will be of value to you. May I ask is the book you have the original one with the italics and emphasised words because that did put some people off. I have removed all of those issues with the book now as it simply didn't work. As for the writing seeming juvenile again this seems to be something that as been a bit misunderstood, I was trying to emphasise the intellectual, cultural and moral differences between 1849 and 2012. With life being simpler back then I tried to try and work things out by how they would see it. As this book is a start of a bigger story I need there to be a wide gap in intelligence between the two main characters so as both can grow. Unlike my other works this story seems to be one you will love or hate and there doesn't seem to be any middle ground. I thank you for your question as I gain knowledge from everything that readers tell me. Be happy my friend :)
Image for A Switch in Time
by John Paul Bernett (Goodreads Author)